This year we welcome several new and returning students with food allergies to our classrooms. We invite your help and cooperation to help them stay safe.
For a child with a severe food allergy, exposure to the food may cause a life-threatening allergic reaction that would require emergency medical treatment.
There are several practices that will be in place to help prevent allergic reactions:
1. Encourage your child to wash their hands before coming into the classroom if they have consumed peanuts or peanut butter before school.
2. All classrooms will be designated as peanut/ tree nut allergy aware zones. There will be no classroom projects with peanut butter or peanut shells. Please do not send any of these projects into the classroom with your child.
3. Parents must only send in snacks from the approved Nut Safe Snack List on the school’s website. Parents should also check snack labels as a habit as manufacturing processes can change. More information on this can be found on the Nut Safe Snack List document.
4. Please discuss “no food sharing” with your child.
5. Your child’s teacher will inform you if any additional precautions are in place regarding food allergies in their specific classroom.